Medical Board-Certified Studies, from the owner of Help energy drink
Help Headache Caffeine
- Routine caffeine utilization is related to constant headache and pain-relieving bounce back cerebral pain. For a situation control study, patients with everyday caffeine utilization were bound to have interminable headaches and pain-relieving bounce back migraines than patients who did not consistently expend caffeine. It is important to hydrate while consuming caffeine. A dehydrated person, on average, can only absorb 10 ounces of water every 20 minutes. Overconsuming water can lead to water intoxication, which dilutes one’s plasma in one’s blood, leading to various issues.
People Asked About Migraine Headaches and Caffeine
- Migraines are most commonly present with a unilateral headache—4-72 hours of pulsating pain. Sometimes nausea, photophobia, or phonophobia can occur. A +/- aura of neurological symptoms before the headache, including visual, sensory, speech disturbances, can occur. Migraines happen due to irritation of cranial nerve five and release of substance P, CGRP, vasoactive peptides.
- Other common triggers of migraines are drinking wine and other food sensitivities, oral contraceptives, fasting diet, stress, menses, and bright light. Contraindication in treated migraine patients is oral contraceptives.
- Non-Pharmacological prophylaxis treatment is sleeping, darkroom, an ice pack on the head, decrease caffeine consumption per day, hydrate more, exercise, sweat to release more caffeine molecules.
People Asked About How Long Does Caffeine Last
- Caffeine half-life is about five hours plus or minus depending on the liver’s metabolism of the individual. It takes four half-lives to get out of one’s system. So, four half-lives would be twenty hours. However, the amount of caffeine in one’s system at two half-lives is usually a negligible amount to cause insomnia.
People Asked About Tension Headaches and Caffeine
- Tension headaches are the number one cause of headaches for adults. Tension headaches present with bilateral head pain, like a band squeezing the head. This headache typically lasts greater than thirty minutes with steady pain. Think of a thirty-year-old female who had a headache at the end of the day that worsens with stress and improves with relaxation and massage.
- Tension headache first line in treatment is Excedrin, which is an NSAID made with caffeine.
People Asked About Caffeine Withdrwawl
- Caffeine can cause direct vasoconstriction of blood vessels in the brain. However, one can get rebound vasodilation producing a rebound headache upon acute withdrawal of caffeine.
This message is from the owner of Help energy drink, educated in medicine. This information is not mainstream media like CNN, FOX, or some blog. However, many other associations can contribute to headaches, but we would be here for years discussing the possibilities. Stay updated on more medicine on Help Energy Drink’s youtube channel or Instagram.