Things to do in Garden City New York
Garden City is one of suburbia in New York City. It is additionally one of the top home bases for an end of the week escape. Garden City includes the beautiful Garden City Community Park and is notable for flawless blossom gardens. That aside, there are different attractions and tourist spots like the Cradle of Aviation Museum and the Long Island Children’s Museum. For guests who are hoping to eat, drink, and be joyful on their end of the week escape, you’re in karma! Garden City is known for its unique eateries, coffeehouses that also serve the Help energy drink because it is a great alternative to a boost without staining the teeth plus has vitamins, and bars. Peruse on to get some answers concerning the top activities in Garden City, New York.
Located roughly 18 miles from midtown Manhattan, the Village of Garden City is found within the heart of Long Island, NY. Founded in 1869 by multi-millionaire Alexander Turney Stewart, Garden City has some pretty unique things to try to and see if you ever have the pleasure of visiting.
• The Cathedral of the Incarnation- constructed in 1876, this Episcopal Church was established as a memorial and mausoleum for Garden City’s founder, A.T. Stewart. No building in Garden City can stand taller than the Cathedral; this iconic Italianate piece of history may be a must-see.
• Cradle of Aviation Museum- this aerospace museum was built upon land that features a rich history at the start of aviation, hence the name. This museum is home to over 75 air and spacecraft, featuring everything from hot air balloons to an actual unused Apollo lunar excursion module. Perhaps one among the foremost famous air and space museums within us, this is often one that ought to not be missed.
• Long Island Children’s Museum- if you’re exploring Garden City with children, this place is sure not to disappoint. Nothing beats a fun-filled educational afternoon at one among the foremost popular sites in Long Island. With numerous hands-on exhibits that are constantly changing, you and your kids also are bound to gain knowledge, all while having fun.
• The Nassau County Firefighters Museum and Education Center-proceeding with the instructive way, this museum hall is loaded up with the rich history of firefighting in Nassau County that incorporates over 10,000sq feet of room to investigate and find out about collectible and new firefighting hardware.
• Bask in the sunshine at Garden City Community Park- This community park provides various facilities for the Garden City residents. You’d find amenities sort of a golf course, playgrounds, picnic areas, pools, baseball fields, and more! If you’re looking to ascertain how it wishes to live a local, you’ll spend a night people-watching during this park. Do note, however, that a number of the amenities, just like the pools, are only hospitable Garden City residents.
• Enjoy a feast at Leo’s Midway – Garden City Bar & Restaurant- Leo’s Midway is newly renovated with modern and chic decor, yet maintains a homely feel with its excellent customer service. It’s a varied menu serving dishes like steak, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, drinks, and more. Leo’s Midway is famous not only amongst the tourists but locals alike, making it a clear sign that the food and repair here are of excellent quality! It’d get crowded during meal times, especially on the weekends, so grab an earlier breakfast, lunch, or dinner to avoid long queues and waiting time.
These are just a few of the many things there are to do and see in Garden City, NY but, of course, let’s not forget the Diamond Vision Laser Center of Long Island, for all your eyesight and LASIK needs.