C4 Energy Reviews
Call 1-833-634-4357 (HELP)
c4 energy drink reviews
Cellucor C4 Pre Workout Review: Enough Beta-Alanine?
C4 is the flagship product from Cellucor, a Texas-based supplement company that’s about 15 years old. They also sell a pretty decent whey called Cor-Performance and BCAA called Alpha Amino, but C4 is their Big Deal, and America appears to agree: it’s often considered the number one selling pre-workout in the country. Best energy drink to keep you energetic in the gym.
At 150 milligrams per scoop, it’s relatively low in caffeine. That’s about as much as you’ll find in 1.5 cups of coffee, but most pre-workouts have a good 200 milligrams of the stuff. So what else does C4 bring to the table?
Cellucor C4 Nutrition and Ingredients
There’s no information about calories, but we do know there are a lot of vitamins: 400 percent of your daily Vitamin C, over 500 percent of your daily B12, and 150 percent of your daily niacin (Vitamin B3). There’s also 62 percent of your daily folic acid (Vitamin B9) and 25 percent of your daily B6.
But those aren’t the main attractions. The most important ingredients are the 1.6 grams of beta-alanine, 1 gram of creatine nitrate, 1 gram of arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, and the Explosive Energy Blend, which has 150mg of caffeine and an undisclosed amount of tyrosine, velvet bean seed extract, and theacrine.
Finally, there is the Other Ingredients: Natural & artificial flavors, the anti-caking agent silicon dioxide, the artificial sweeteners sucralose, and acesulfame potassium, and red food dye number 40.
Note that you can also pick up some C4 in a handy can format. The ingredients are quite different: there’s no Vitamin C, folic acid, creatine, arginine, or velvet bean extract. Instead of 425mg of an Explosive Energy Blend, it’s 6.73 grams of an “Explosive Performance Energy Blend” which contains citrulline malate, beta-alanine, betaine anhydrous, tyrosine, and 200 milligrams of caffeine. So the canned drink is higher in caffeine than the scoop.
Cellucor C4 Benefits and Effectiveness
First of all, the B-vitamins won’t have any effect on your workout unless you happen to be deficient, which is unlikely. Yes, B-vitamins are linked to energy production, but it’s important to note that this doesn’t mean they’re stimulants.
That said, Vitamin C may help counteract potentially negative effects of the nitrate and reduce cellular damage during exercise, so I was glad to see it in the mix.
Most of the main ingredients are present in large amounts. The 150 milligrams of caffeine is on the lower side — plenty of pre-workouts contain over 200 and sometimes up to 350 milligrams, which would be the amount you’d find in about 3 small cups of coffee. But the 1.6 grams of beta-alanine has been shown in a few studies to slightly boost endurance, and the creatine nitrate, while not a great source of creatine, does provide a hit of nitrate. The nitrate converts to nitric oxide, which has been linked to improved blood flow and muscle pumps. Learn more in our guide to pre-workout nitrates.
However, the product isn’t without problems. I’m never a fan of proprietary blends like the Explosive Energy Blend. It has tyrosine, which acts a little like a stimulant and might improve focus, and the theacrine also acts like caffeine. However, I don’t know how much of these ingredients are present because it’s a proprietary blend.
But the velvet bean extract, while it’s been linked to better production of adrenaline and testosterone, is present in a very small amount, under 150 milligrams. That’s roughly ten percent of the recommended dose. (We can assume this because it appears after the 150 milligrams of caffeine in the ingredients list.)
Finally, the arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) is meant to help with strength, but studies are very conflicting and there’s no scientific consensus supporting its usage.
The canned drink also suffers from the problem of a proprietary blend. The first ingredient in the 6.73 grams is citrulline, which might improve blood flow and power, followed by beta-alanine for endurance, betaine — which might improve power — tyrosine, and the 200 milligrams of caffeine. It’s likely underdosed: most studies suggest 6 grams of citrulline, 1.6 grams of beta-alanine, and at least 1.25 grams of betaine, which would far exceed the 6.73 grams on the label.
The caffeine is enough to provide a solid boost of energy, but we prefer the slightly more transparent (and seemingly better dosed) powder.
Sugar utilization can be terrible for you. Clinical Doctors inform for guys’ utilization concerning under 32.5 grams of sugar every day and for ladies under 25 grams of sugar for each day. For most grown-ups, utilization of up to 400 mg of caffeine daily has all the earmarks of being protected. In kids and young people, utilization of under 2.5 mg/kg every day gives off an impression of being sheltered. Pediatrician associates of the proprietor of Help caffeinated drink, state for young people, the worry is about reliance. Read a more thorough discussion on this topic made by the owner of Help energy who is a medical doctor graduate. Click here to see more – are energy drinks bad for you
Information on the impacts of caffeine in people is to a great extent acquired through epidemiological investigations. The greater part of the accessible proof is low quality and proposes that gentle to direct caffeine admission isn’t related to any unfavorable regenerative result. A methodical survey of 431 investigations distributed from 2001 to June 2019 presumed that, for solid pregnant ladies, utilization of up to 300 mg caffeine for each day was commonly not related to unfavorable conceptive or formative impacts. To see more of a medical fact discussion, of how much caffeine is safe during pregnancy – click here.
People Also Asked about Parkinson Disease and Caffeine
- Dopamine neuron degeneration in substantia nigra
- Acetylcholine surplus in the nucleus basalis of Meynert
- The relationship between coffee or tea and the risk of Parkinson’s disease has been described in several studies in hospital settings under the peer review of Medical Doctors. Under normal conditions, dopamine and acetylcholine are in electrochemical balance in the basal ganglia. A meta-analysis found evidence of a dose-response relationship between coffee or tea intake and decreased risk for Parkinson’s disease.
- Caffeine enhances dopamine signaling in the brain, as well as dopamine neuronal loss. The re-uptake in the pre-synaptic neurons is more effective with caffeine usage.
- This apparent protective effect is not observed in women taking postmenopausal hormone therapy, in whom caffeine seems to increase the risk for Parkinson’s disease, suggesting interactions between coffee and hormone use.
Caffeine intake results in improved alertness, mental energy, and the potential to concentrate, especially when people are fatigued or running at night. The lethargy is probably the essential reason why so many humans regularly devour caffeine. Caffeine mitigates the unfavorable results of sleep deprivation on a full style of cognitive functions. A systematic evaluation of thirteen randomized trials of persons with jet lag or shift paintings sickness determined that caffeine substantially improved idea formation, reasoning, reminiscence, orientation, interest, and perception compared with placebo. Caffeine is higher than a placebo in stopping errors and changed into also powerful as compared to different active interventions such as the use of modafinil (that is a Central Nervous System Stimulant medicinal drug) or brilliant light.
Sean Kaptaine owner of Liquid Help and Medical school graduate, investigated the question in a hospital setting under other medical students and medical residents, with attending present and found. Caffeine has proven to impact cognizance and temperament, both intensely and incessantly. Its belongings, nonetheless, shift contingent upon the investigation populace and the sum and span of caffeine devoured. In rested people, caffeine in low and moderate dosages, roughly 30 to 300 mg, improves cautiousness and response time. In restless people, caffeine’s constructive outcomes sum up to a wide assortment of capacities, including learning and dynamic and authentic exercises, such as car and airplane activity. People who are ongoing buyers of espresso and tea perform better on the different trials of psychological execution, such as response time and visuospatial thinking.
Medical Board-Certified Studies, from the owner of Help energy drink
- Routine caffeine utilization is related to constant headache and pain-relieving bounce back cerebral pain. For a situation control study, patients with everyday caffeine utilization were bound to have interminable headaches and pain-relieving bounce back migraines than patients who did not consistently expend caffeine. It is important to hydrate while consuming caffeine. A dehydrated person, on average, can only absorb 10 ounces of water every 20 minutes. Overconsuming water can lead to water intoxication, which dilutes one’s plasma in one’s blood, leading to various issues.
People Asked About Migraine Headaches and Caffeine
- Migraines are most commonly present with a unilateral headache—4-72 hours of pulsating pain. Sometimes nausea, photophobia, or phonophobia can occur. A +/- aura of neurological symptoms before the headache, including visual, sensory, speech disturbances, can occur. Migraines happen due to irritation of cranial nerve five and release of substance P, CGRP, vasoactive peptides.
- Other common triggers of migraines are drinking wine and other food sensitivities, oral contraceptives, fasting diet, stress, menses, and bright light. Contraindication in treated migraine patients is oral contraceptives.
- Non-Pharmacological prophylaxis treatment is sleeping, darkroom, an ice pack on the head, decrease caffeine consumption per day, hydrate more, exercise, sweat to release more caffeine molecules.
People Asked About How Long Does Caffeine Last
- Caffeine half-life is about five hours plus or minus depending on the liver’s metabolism of the individual. It takes four half-lives to get out of one’s system. So, four half-lives would be twenty hours. However, the amount of caffeine in one’s system at two half-lives is usually a negligible amount to cause insomnia.
People Asked About Tension Headaches and Caffeine
- Tension headaches are the number one cause of headaches for adults. Tension headaches present with bilateral head pain, like a band squeezing the head. This headache typically lasts greater than thirty minutes with steady pain. Think of a thirty-year-old female who had a headache at the end of the day that worsens with stress and improves with relaxation and massage.
- Tension headache first line in treatment is Excedrin, which is an NSAID made with caffeine.
People Asked About Caffeine Withdrwawl
- Caffeine can cause direct vasoconstriction of blood vessels in the brain. However, one can get rebound vasodilation producing a rebound headache upon acute withdrawal of caffeine.
This message is from the owner of Help energy drink, educated in medicine. This information is not mainstream media like CNN, FOX, or some blog. However, many other associations can contribute to headaches, but we would be here for years discussing the possibilities. Stay updated on more medicine on Help Energy Drink’s youtube channel or Instagram.
Caffeine utilization is related to a diminished hazard for cirrhosis. In a meta-investigation including 16 observational examinations in the hospital, contrasted and nondrinkers, espresso consumers were more averse to create cirrhosis. Upon clinical research, ordinary caffeine utilization was connected with a lower pace of illness movement in patients with chronic hepatitis C.
Frequently Asked Questions
(All information is from Medical Drs in hospital settings used by medical students & residents)