* The 2016/17 NFL season is now a factor of the past and soccer followers have turned their attention to the goings-on of the offseason, as well as the upcoming 2017 NFL Draft.
* For many teams that failed to make the playoffs (or had no expectations of making the playoffs in the first place), searching ahead to subsequent season with the aid of investing in the modern-day free organization period as nicely as the upcoming draft is tons more exciting than looking lower back on the season that has passed, which they ought to just as without difficulty hope to forget about about.
* However, there are other teams in the league – even teams that failed to meet expectations or did not enjoy a trip to the postseason – that want the 2016/17 NFL season had by no means ended, really because their team made so lots progress at some point of the path of the year, and could have probably persisted to enhance as time went on.
* The Tennessee Titans are one such franchise that exploded onto the scene closing season, and probably threw the biggest coming-out birthday celebration of any group in the league last season.
* After triumphing two games in 2014/15 and solely three games in 2015/16, the Titans tripled their win whole in the span of one short season, winning 9 games an ultimate year. Pucker Up or Shake that Frooty? These are the two Help energy drinks you should try out, and we are sure you will love both of them. Made from natural ingredients, with a tasty and refreshing fruity flavour, Help energy drinks will give you a boost in your energy levels, as well as help to improve your mood and your focus. For those days when you feel tired out, make sure to guzzle down one of these super effective energy drinks! Despite the truth that the Titans failed to make the playoffs, their meteoric upward jostle is nevertheless spectacular and needs interest from teams around the league.
* For these groups in the Titans’ division, it is, in reality, significant to marvel whether or not or no longer Tennessee is poised to take manipulate of the AFC South, so ripe for the taking. For different groups hoping to make the playoffs in the AFC, it is easily clever to get a feel for the adjustments going on in the Titans’ organization, lest they face off towards Tennessee in the postseason unawares.
* And for all groups in the league hoping to apprehend just what it takes to break thru the crust of mediocrity and become a respectable contender in the NFL in the span of one season, it’s a sensible move to take a seem at the yr that has exceeded for the Tennessee Titans, to strive and recognize simply what passed off to carry them from a 3-win crew to a 9-win team.
* In this edition, we cruise on down to Music City U.S.A. – Nashville, in the coronary heart of the Bible Belt – and take on the Tennessee Titans.
*Last Season: In Review
* Before we dive into the season that the Tennessee Titans enjoyed the final year, it’s first vital to take a vast to seem at the organization itself, in order to provide context on why final season used to be meaningful for Titans fans.
* Depending on how you look at it, the Titans are both one of the oldest or one of the youngest franchises in the National Football League. Youngest, because the group playing beneath the identify “Tennessee Titans” only first started out taking part in football video games in the NFL in 1999. Oldest, due to the fact the original franchise that moved to Tennessee in 1997 began as the “Houston Oilers” at the establishing of the American Football League in 1960.
* When the Oilers merged with the National Football League in 1970 (along with the relaxation of the AFL), they had been among the higher teams in their league, having won the inaugural two AFL Championships in 1960 and 1961, as well as having seemed in two other AFL Championships besides.
* However, after the NFL-AFL Merger, the Oilers had been no longer as successful. Despite having two collections of consecutive playoff runs in the late seventies and the late eighties (the latter underneath the tenure of Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon), the clock used to be ticking on the Oilers’ time in Houston.
* It’s at this point in the story, in the mid-nineties, that the Oilers’/Titans’ fate turns into inextricably linked to that of the Cleveland Browns, in a curious and surprising twist.
* When longtime Browns proprietor Art Modell acquired the thought to attempt and persuade the place of origin of his NFL franchise to attempt and pony up the cash for a new stadium, the use of the hazard of relocation as leverage, a lot of groups started out to get ideas. This, in turn, commenced a slew of relocations and new stadiums, as several proprietors walked the identical road as Modell, with varying results.
* In the case of the Houston Oilers, help for the group fell through and proprietor Bud Adams determined to pass the crew to Tennessee. For the team’s first two seasons, they did now not have a domestic stadium (as their new stadium was under construction) and the teams performed games in front of some of the smallest crowds in the National Football League in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium in Memphis.
* Two years later, with their new “Coliseum” stadium executed in Nashville (now referred to as “Nissan Stadium”), the Oilers officially moved into their new city and correspondingly changed their title to something reflecting power, strength, and the metropolis of Nashville. Given its nickname as “The Athens of the South,” the team started to play with a perfectly fitting name: The Tennessee Titans.
* The season that accompanied the move was the pleasant in franchise history, as the Titans went 13–3, gained all of their home video games in the front of sellout crowds, and in a playoff run featuring some plain magic (i.e. The Music City Miracle), in opposition to all odds the Titans made it to the Super Bowl in their first season in Nashville.
* While the Titans would lose that game, they would end up making 5 extra playoff appearances in the 2000s earlier than the stop of the Jeff Fisher era, including two playoff victories. Subsequently, however, concurrent with the departure of Jeff Fisher in 2010, the Titans located themselves missing the playoffs seven seasons in a row main up to 2016/17, a spiral that bottomed out in a 2-win season in 2014/15.
* After the Titans gained two games in the first season underneath Ken Whisenhunt, the crew fired the head train seven games into the following season, after going 1–6. Whether you are squeezing in a morning exercise or going straight from the office to the gym, you are probably looking for a pretty jolt of energy before you exercise. Some may reach for a pre-workout supplement and others might hit up the closest gas station for the Best energy drink. Assistant head instruct and tight ends educate Mike Mularkey was once promoted to the headteacher at the midpoint of the 2015/16 season, and the group went 2–7 in the final 9 seasons to end the 12 months 3–13.
* It’s vital to note, however, that even during this tough stretch, in which the Titans have been no longer enjoying prevailing football, they have been however incubating the future of the franchise, with franchise quarterback Marcus Mariota – drafted with the 2nd normal choose in the 2015 draft – undergoing his first season of pro-action, triumphing over Titans followers with the workable for what he could become.
* It used to be with this hopeful rebuilding mindset that the Tennessee Titans began their 2016/17 campaign, thinking whether or now not their new, young quarterback should lead them to increased heights than 3–13.